Saturday, June 14, 2014

Waiting On Stu

                                          
It is more about me
than about you 
when I imagine you
Sitting with your legs 
crossed 
drinking 
your Chablis
I swagger over 
with my drink 
holding you with my eyes
Wanting you to sip 
your wine 
and to my surprise
Your eyes 
catch mine 
as I turn away 
ashamed
My eyes slowly 
drift back 
to you and your 
cigarette
Wanting your company and yet
I see
you were waiting
To meet someone 
as you sat patiently
across the way
With my imagination at play 
we kiss and embrace
Not knowing but still showing emotion 
as we go through the motions in your arms 
smelling perfume letting me wonder as my mind 
wanders taking you to your room as if we knew 
each other better than who you were waiting for 
drawing off of your cigarette
Catching my stare as you blew 
the breath into the air
I was taking a chance 
your beau was not into romance
And I could dance our one and only dance
As you finished your smoke 
I joked with your
Fancy as my imagination
was getting antsy
as I thought to chance before your romance
Showed wondering if I could show you a better time
Pondering 
Asking your name 
I clumsily tried to explain my right
To sit down 
afraid of imposing 
with a frozen expertise
I thawed to remember 
you were a lady to please
Pleasing to the eyes 
knowing I would never see you again
As I accepted humbly and stumbled 
back to my gin
After hearing your heart 
was waiting for a show from a friend
Who intended to know 
you even though I never endeavored
Taking you away
I only wanted to show you a good time 
as I was going away
I introduced my love to you
At least my interest 
was appearing
Not like your Steve
I was Stu 
loving
and endearing

No comments: