Monday, August 25, 2014

Finding a Rhyme

It blows my mind 
to find a rhyme
in time with a line
sometimes divine
My purpose is a circus 
and is your
murkiest messenger
But it cures the stir 
and is as sure as
your recession 
where a dollar is a holler
and a doubt is a shout 
to the story 
without the glory 
and is about to get out 
Rhymes with chimes as these tall
tales climb to peak over the surface
and over the brink so my purpose is 
as though I can grow and think 
and the moral to the story is history blinks
When it comes to the war
we mysteriously link
Our every whim and desire to do better
Than what we see in the fire forever
A piece of burning needing yearning
For a peace 
returning if indeed 
we are learning
To increase 
and show what we know 
from the heart
Prose are for those 
who are poetry smart
And my rhymes 
are like lines 
in my mind 
of madness 
wondering 
if I can find 
gladness
In all of the sad 
gone bad 
in our lives
while finding 
a rhyme 
is how our 
happiness 
survives

No comments: